Live Dealer Blackjack is a format of regular Blackjack, played via the internet, but with live dealers and real players. The emphasis on this version is on having actual human beings manage the table and interact with players rather than a computer program randomly dealing your cards. Hence, the name ‘Live Dealer Blackjack.’ It gives an experience that is virtually identical to being at a real casino. So if you are interested in being a part of this innovative new platform, there are a few basic pointers you have to remember so that you have a fruitful experience.
Blackjack with live dealers online is a new and exciting version of the classic casino game, but with Live dealers as you know it from your local Casino. What sets apart Live blackjack is the fact that it has a live dealer managing the game, which is streamed live to your PC or device. You can play and interact with the live dealer and fellow players, through the control panel on your device. Basically, you get the experience of playing in a real casino, without ever leaving the comfort of your home.
Live Blackjack is distinct from regular Online Blackjack in a number of ways. The only major similarity between the two platforms is that you need a stable internet connection to connect to the game. Apart from that, you will find that they give you unmistakable differences in the way they work and the over-all experience you have.
The most prominent differences between blackjack and Live blackjack:
1. Online blackjack only uses the software on your device to function. Live Blackjack, on the other hand, uses human dealers and real tables that are broadcasted live to your device when you connect to the game.
2. Internet Blackjack uses Random Number Generators (RNG)for dealing and shuffling the cards. Whereas with the Live version, you see every hand that the live dealer deals. It’s you against a real-life dealer as opposed to playing against a computer in the online version.
3. Live Blackjack allows you to chat or interact with the dealer and other players on the table. It creates the feeling of being in a real casino where you can observe or merely notice how skilled the dealer is. This experience is utterly absent in Online Blackjack because you are playing against a digital program.
4. Live blackjack tables demand the same decorum and etiquette that is expected at a real casino table because you are interacting with real people. Whereas in Online Blackjack, you can behave in more or less the same way as any other online game.
5. Online Blackjack is more suited for a beginner or casual player who may still be learning about strategies, etiquette, rules, betting tactics, etc. Live Blackjack is more dynamic and runs in real-time. So it may be more enjoyable for serious players and people with at least some experience.
6. Live Blackjack will only be accessible with real money and real buy-ins. Online Blackjack will provide multiple options to play for free or practice first before you play with real cash.
The first thing you have to do before you can start playing is to set up an account to play Live Dealer Blackjack. You can register at any online casino of your choice, provided they have Live Blackjack (Most casinos do). A simple Google search should provide you with a host of options. Some casinos require you to download an app or software, while others will let you play directly from your browser if you have the required extensions and plug-ins. The registration should be a simple process where you enter necessary details and follow the instructions on the form. After you create an account, the next step is to transfer funds from your bank account to your online account. Once all this is done, you can log in and start playing!
Once your account is created, you can move over to the ‘Live Blackjack’ section of the app or website tab and click on the game or table you want to join. Get a seat at the table and place your bets so that the dealer will start dealing. You can take a moment to appreciate the ambiance of having a real-life “croupier” and proper table settings. The dealer will deal you two cards facing up (as he will do for the other players) and two for himself (one face-down). Check your cards and make your next move. You have the choice to:
• Hit: You can ask the dealer to ‘Hit’ you with another card if you think it will bring the total value of your cards to (or close) 21 without exceeding it. If your current total is small, you can opt for this move to increase your total to a more competitive score.
• Stand: You can pass your turn without making a move. To ‘Stand’ implies you do not need additional cards to strengthen your total for the moment. If you opt for this move, the play will move on to the next player.
• Split: If your hand is a pair (two of the same kind), you can split them into two separate hands. You will also have to place an additional bet on the new hand. Two more cards will be dealt to you (one for each hand). These two new sets of cards will each be considered as an individual hand when deciding who wins.
• Insurance: If the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace, you can pay an additional insurance wager. You receive the insurance bet if the dealer’s card turns out to be a Blackjack (score of 21) or you can retain your initial wager. This option is, however, not available with all casinos.
• Surrender: This is another feature that your casino may or may not have. If they do, you can forfeit your hand or ‘Surrender’ in return for half of the original bet you made.
Remember the dealer can also take additional cards to strengthen his hand (bring it up to or close to 21).
After you have made your move (if there are other players, they will also choose to make one of these moves), the dealer will reveal his hand. Whoever has a blackjack (score of exactly 21) will win the round. If no one has a Blackjack, the hand that is closest to 21 (but smaller) will be the winner of that round.
Most Live casino games, including Live Blackjack, are supported on all of your devices. These devices include your PCs, Mac, iPhones, iPads, Android tablets, and devices, etc. So as far as the supported devices are concerned, you need not worry about compatibility. If you do find a version that is not supported in your device, a few minutes of searching will offer you multiple other compatible versions to choose from. However, most established online casinos will allow you to access their sites through any operating system or device.
Live blackjack has combined the best of both worlds. It gives you the thrill of playing with real dealers at a real table. At the same time, it also offers you the convenience of participating from the comfort of your home. Very few other platforms have managed to reconcile these two factors in a way that excites and attracts players. It offers a legitimate and secure platform for seasoned players and gamblers to play big or small money. It also has an interface and system that new users and novice players can quickly learn.
Live Blackjack games are conducted in two types of arrangements. Besides the playing set, there are also small variations of the game that different casinos may offer.
The two standard modes of operations are:
1. Live studio casino: In this arrangement, the software developer sets up the casino table in a studio which is live-streamed for the players to join and play. The studio is set and arranged in such a way that you can barely tell the difference between it and a real casino.
2. Real land-based casino: Your software developers can also associate with real casinos and live-stream a selected portion of their blackjack tables. You will be able to access the service through your device by logging in with the software.
Online casinos may offer different variations of blackjack such as:
• Double Exposure Blackjack, where both of the dealer’s cards are face-up
• Blackjack Surrender, lets you forfeit your hand (if it is too weak) and lose but get half your wager back
• Spanish Blackjack is the regular game, but the dealer removes all the 10s from the deck before play.
• Progressive/Jackpot Blackjack has an additional pot (jackpot) that can be won if you get specific winning hands.
• Pontoon is played with both the dealer’s cards facing down, and you can ‘hit’ even after doubling down.
Live blackjack has brought the classic casino game to a platform where virtually anyone can access it without compromising on the real casino experience.
Be the first to know when new casinos joins and exclusive promotions is available.